Saturday, March 25, 2017

My 360 Film Experience

Filming with the 360 camera was a very fun change of pace for me. Since being a director during my college years, I have tended to stress aesthetic and stylistic qualities more than performance and choreography. Since we were filming with the 360 camera, I did not have as many aesthetic choices to make. Since everything is always in view from the camera, I got to focus on choreography and acting. It was a fresh change of pace for me. Looking back, I definitely could have done better, but it was still very fun!

Looking ahead, If I were ever to film something else with a 360 camera, I would make a music video. I believe that is the easiest medium to translate a 360 film to. I can see it now, a band performing on one side, a crowd dancing on the other, and before you know it, the band starts interacting with the crowd in numerous ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment